- Only edit to the opencpn.ini (opencpn.conf) file when OpenCPN isn't running.
- A VHF/DSC or an AIS/SART emergency are treated the same way. A small dialog pops up and the audio alarm is set off.
- An audio alarm can now mean three different things. Apart from DSC and SART it could also be an AIS warning about a target coming to close.
If all these alarms are set of at the same time, what will happen?
The alarms will show according to their priorities.
The priorities are
*SART - This is equal to a MAYDAY!
*DSC - This is equal to a MAYDAY!
- If two alarms of the same priority are triggered at the same time, the nearest will be shown.
- So... for your own safety if an alarm is triggered, evaluate the full situation near your boat.
Let's take a look at some of OpenCPN's other advanced features.