OpenCPN version 4.6.0
OpenCPN version 4.6.0
Released: March 14, 2017
Official Release Statement
March 14, 2017
OpenCPN Version 4.6.0 Released
The OpenCPN Development Team is proud to announce the release of OpenCPN Version 4.6.0
This version is a feature upgrade and maintenance release of OpenCPN.
OpenCPN is a cross platform electronic navigation system (ECS) supporting a variety of cartography standards and hardware interface protocols. Versions are available for Linux, Windows, Macintosh, and ARM computer architectures.
Since our widespread introduction in 2008, OpenCPN has gained a solid reputation worldwide.
OpenCPN is running on hardware from tiny Raspberry Pis with 4" screens up to networked workstations. Specific user scenarios and needs are easily accommodated by using the Plug-in architecture and the wide scope of user settings.
A responsive international user and developer community together with integrated documentation help make installation and use of OpenCPN a pleasure.
Some of the features of OpenCPN include:
- Quilted Raster(RNC) and Vector(ENC) digital chart display
- Full compliant support for official vector charts in S-57/S-63 format and InlandENCs
- Industry standard GPS receiver interfacing, with "moving map" on-screen vessel tracking
AIS receiver interfacing with configurable target safety monitoring
- Integrated Route, Track, and Waypoint database, with industry standard Import/Export capabilities
- Tide and Current prediction with on-screen overlay of predicted data.
- Broad International Language support
- Plugin architecture allowing on-going third-party functional enhancements
OpenCPN is released under the GPLV2 license. The executable program and its source code are available for immediate, free, and unlimited download from github.com, and several other sources.
As a successor to OpenCPN version 4.4, OpenCPN Version 4.6 contains several new features and enhanced functions.
Among them are:
- Substantial functional improvements and performance increases related
to ENC vector charts.
- User selectable InlandECS mode for increased safety and convenience
while navigating inland waters.
- Expanded User Manual bundled with Release download.
We hope you enjoy the new features of OpenCPN Version 4.6, and look forward to your continued feedback and support.
More information is available at opencpn.org
Visit our support forum
The OpenCPN Development Team
Dave Register, Lead Developer