Digital Version of the US Pilot Charts
All US Pilot Charts below, are available for download in the BSB ver2 electronic Raster Chart format.
The conversion from the official pdf files to BSB/kap files was done by the OpenCPN Team.
The latest version has these updates:
- There is a new clearer naming scheme for the files.
- The Chart Names are changed to reflect the months more clearly.
- The Charts now have a built-in dimming palette for dawn/dusk/night viewing.
- All charts now are compressed to 7z files. This is a superior compression algorithm, resulting in smaller files and faster downloads. Download this open source free software 7-zip.org. For Mac OSX, try kekaosx.com.
- OpenCPN has a limit of 100 charts in the ChartBar. When this limit is reached, the largest scale chart will be dropped. If all Pilot Charts are loaded at the same time, there are many areas where the different Pilot Charts overlap. Be very careful when navigating in these areas as the larger scale, more detailed charts, may not be available.
- For this reason, when underway, as opposed to planning a passage, it makes sense to only have one or two sets of Pilot Charts loaded in OpenCPN, covering the actual route.
- Chart Groups are ideally suited for viewing and organizing Pilot Charts.
- For quick switching between consecutive Pilot Charts use the Buttons to shift to a larger scale chart and to shift to a smaller scale chart.
Download Pilot Charts
The monthly Pilot Charts for The North Atlantic are split into four separate charts.
The Northern North Atlantic - the far north part.
The Central North Atlantic - the main part.
The Western North Atlantic - the Caribbean.
The South Atlantic
The North Pacific Ocean
The monthly Pilot Charts for The South Pacific are split into two parts, the charts proper, and the information part.
The information part in The South Pacific is not a part of the Pilot Chart itself, as in the other oceans, due to lack of space.
South Pacific Information Sheets
The Indian Ocean
Other Useful Charts
World Wide Magnetic Variation chart from year 2010
Best viewed as a single chart. Hit F9 to turn off quilting.
Blue Marble World Chart
Read more in the User Manual